Holding Nursing Homes Accountable For Acts Of Neglect And Abuse
Putting a parent, spouse or loved one in a nursing home is one of the hardest decisions someone can make. We can only hope and trust that the nursing home staff will provide a loved one with a healthy, safe environment. When nursing home staff violates this trust, and commits acts of neglect or abuse, it is shocking and horrifying.
The most vulnerable among us should be protected, not subject to acts of mistreatment. Skilled legal counsel can help you recover appropriate damages and hold these facilities responsible. At The Myers Law Firm, our lawyers take on the full range of personal injury claims, including nursing home negligence and abuse cases.
Strong Advocates For People Facing All Types Of Neglect Or Abuse
Nursing home neglect or abuse can take on many forms, including:
- Bedsores: Bedsores are a clear sign that nursing home staff members do not move a resident often enough. If not treated properly, bedsores can be fatal.
- Wandering or elopement: For nursing home residents with dementia, it is critical that staff keep them from leaving the facility.
- Malnutrition and dehydration: Without proper food and water, a nursing home resident’s health can deteriorate quickly.
- Medication errors: When facilities fail to provide appropriate types and levels of medication, the result can be tragic.
- Acts of physical, mental or emotional abuse: These actions cannot be tolerated in any setting.
You can rely on us to bring a claim that fully accounts for your loved one’s damages. We are honored when an individual or family places their trust in us. Whether your case is ultimately resolved in trial or through a negotiated settlement, you can take heart knowing we will be on your side every step of the way.
If You Think Something Is Wrong, We Want To Hear From You
Too many times, nursing home residents will not tell others about the neglect or abuse they are suffering, either because they are suffering from dementia, or because they do not want to be a burden. Family members who believe that something is wrong should trust that instinct and get in touch with a lawyer.
Call 865-247-8255 or email us to set up a free initial consultation. Based in Fountain City, near Knoxville, Tennessee, we represent clients in Knoxville, Sevierville, Maryville, across East Tennessee, and throughout the United States.