A Comprehensive Personal Injury Practice
Our lawyers, Michael Alan Myers and Laura Bradley Myers, have each investigated, negotiated and litigated thousands of personal injury claims. Mike and Laura have more than 35 years of combined legal experience, and have helped individuals and families who have suffered serious injuries in all types of events, including:
- Car crashes, car wrecks and motor vehicle accidents of all kinds:Whether you were injured in a car, truck, motorcycle or motorized vehicle crash or wreck, our attorneys will relentlessly pursue full and fair compensation for you. We are experienced personal injury lawyers and have handled every type of motor vehicle crash or wreck, including personal injuries caused by negligent drivers, reckless drivers, and distracted, drowsy and/or intoxicated drivers. Whatever the your injury is from a motor vehicle wreck of any sort, we are ready to help.
- Premises liability claims: Property owners have a duty to prevent harm to you from foreseeable dangerous conditions on their premises. If you have slipped and fallen on someone else’s property, or if you have tripped and fallen on someone else’s property, or if you have been injured in any way by any dangerous condition on someone else’s property, we have significant experience in representing premises liability personal injury clients, and are ready to help you recover the damages you are entitled to.
- Animal attacks and dog bites: If you are attacked by another person’s animal, we are well familiar with how serious your injuries and scars can be. Dogs and other animals can cause traumatic injuries that cause both physical and emotional scars, particularly when children are the victims. Our lawyers have successfully represented both children and adults who were the victims of dog attacks, animal attacks, and maulings. For every client we represent, we make sure that the person or entity responsible for hurting you is held legally accountable for what they have done.
- Nursing home neglect and abuse: Putting a loved one in a nursing home is an act of trust. When this trust is violated and nursing home staff commits acts of negligence or abuse, there can be terrible and long-lasting consequences, including, sometimes, the death of the person who has been harmed. We are experienced nursing home neglect lawyers, and are committed to holding those entrusted with our most vulnerable family members accountable for their actions.
- Medical malpractice cases: Errors by doctors, nurses and other medical professionals can cause life-changing injuries or even death. We have the experience and resources you need to present the client’s strongest possible claim for personal injury or wrongful death damages arising from medical negligence cases.
- Injuries to children: A serious injury to a child can alter the course of his or her life. We help families obtain a financial recovery that accounts for the damages a child will need now and in the years to come.
In addition, we frequently represent surviving family members in wrongful death claims. While no amount of money can ever replace the loss of a loved one, we have seen, on many occasions, that a wrongful death award can help families obtain emotional closure from what has been a terrible ordeal for them; certainly, the financial recovery effected from a wrongful death claim also removes the added stress of wondering how to pay for medical and other debts left after someone passes away, income replacement for their projected livelihood, and the people who were depending on that income, and the suffering the deceased person endured before they passed.
The Sooner You Hire Our Firm, The Better Off You Will Be
Despite having successfully resolved thousands of cases over our careers, we are still surprised at the lengths insurance companies will go to minimize our clients’ claims. Without question, the earlier Mike and Laura are involved in your personal injury claim, the better the possibility that your money damages from the claim will be maximized. Stated simply, we can help you avoid problems that will make your case worth less than it could be worth, and can help you take the steps necessary to maximize the value of your case. It is particularly important, at the beginning of your case, right after the injury, not to do anything or say anything or ignore particular parts of evidence preservation or gathering that will injure your case. Much of the damage done to clients’ cases is done in the first weeks immediately after the client has been injured, and we strongly suggest that you consult with counsel as soon as possible after you are hurt. Sometimes, once the damage has been done to an unsuspecting injured party by an insurance carrier, it cannot be undone.
We frequently help preserve evidence and record it for use later. We (and our team of investigators and support staff) help you investigate while there are still witnesses with fresh memories, and our intervention helps you to avoid speaking or interacting directly with insurance carriers and adjusters, who absolutely do not have your best interests in mind. We are also able to instruct you on many other ways that insurance carriers attempt to avoid paying you what your personal injury claims are actually worth.
Based in Fountain City, we represent clients in Knoxville, Sevierville, Maryville, across East Tennessee, and throughout the United States. We frequently represent people who have been injured at area attractions while on vacation in Sevierville and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, and while visiting the Great Smoky Mountains. We also represent many out-of-state clients who have been referred to us. Call us at 865-247-8255, and we will speak with you without charge about whether you have a claim that is worth money damages. Or, complete our online contact form to set up your free initial consultation. We do not charge any attorneys’ fees unless we recover money damages for you.